It is important that users install all recommended (Optional and Important) windows updates, with the exception of Bing Toolbar and Bing Desktop.
- Open Windows Update by clicking on the Start button , select All Programs and then Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click on Check for updates and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC.
- If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click on the message to view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click on the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install and then click on the OK
- Click on Install updates
- Display the Start tile by moving the mouse to the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Right-click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Click on important updates is/are available.
- Select the updates you want to install and click on the Install button.