Please follow up this mandatory steps before Tech Check-In (TCI). You are required to attend with a USB Drive prepared with the following steps.
Before you begin
- Windows 7 cannot be used, only Windows 8.1 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit.
- To have the USB Drive (3.0 or 3.1).
- USB ports on your computer and your internet speed may play an important role (the whole process may take from 20 minutes to more than 2 hours).
- Have the main Operating System of your computer ready with the latest windows update. From your computer’s Operating System, go to the document: run Windows update on your main Operating System and perform these steps too.
- Close all programs.
Make sure all USB drives or any other USB devices are removed (except keyboard and mouse).
Downloading the image
- Insert the USB Drive in a USB port.
- Unplug the headset.
- Do not put the USB Drive into a USB Hub.
- USB 3.0 would be ideal, preferable on the opposite side of the keyboard and mouse.
- Open Internet Explorer browser.
- Copy or Type this link to get the image (case sensitive):
- Click on the Run button.It may take several minutes to download, depending on your computer and your internet speed.
Installing the image
- Once the downloading is completed, close any window you have open.
- If you have a message from User Account Control (UAC), click on the Yes button to allow it.
- When you have this screen, it may take several minutes, depending on your computer and your internet speed…
- Now the Warning message that appears reads: “This Next Step Will Erase All Data from the drive displayed!” (below will be the actual name of the USB drive).
- Type Y and press the Enter key or just press the Enter↵ key.
- This stage of the process may vary in time depending on your USB ports (3.0 is much faster than 2.0), the processor and your internet speed.
I M P O R T A N T !
Please don’t close nor interrupt the process.Once completed the 100%, the window will close and no other message will appear.
Make sure the USB drive is the only device plugged in. Failure to do this step could result in losing your important data.