Recovery Drive ensures a method of recovering Windows 8.x in the event of hard drive failure or accidental deletion. the following steps outline how to create a System Repair Disc.
- From the Start Screen (the main screen), click on Start menu.
- At the upper right side of the Start desktop, select the magnifying glass.
- In the search text box, type create a recovery drive, then select it in the result pane.
- If User Account Control window appears, click on the Yes button to allow it.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the drive you would like to use as a recovery drive from the Available drive(s) list, then click on the Next button.
- The next dialog warns that the selected drive will be deleted. THIS DRIVE WILL BE ERASED AND FORMATTED, SO BE SURE THE DEVICE YOU CHOOSE DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING VALUABLE ON IT! Once you are sure, click on the Create button.
- And lastly, click on the Finish button.