Pidgin is a chat tool used by:
- AtHome Associates
- IT Support and
- some sites
To install and configure follow the next steps:
- If you do not have Pidgin installed on your PC, click on the Download Pidgin button to install it.
- After launching the application do the following:
Click on the menu Accounts. Then, click on Manage Accounts.
- When Accounts window appears, click Add.
- Fill up these required fields:
- Now, go to the Advanced tab.
- In the File transfer proxies field, delete the info there and leave it blank.
- Then, click on the Add button.
At this point, you may need to relaunch Pidgin from your Start Menu or check in your Taskbar for the small Pidgin icon and launch from there.
- You should now see Pidgin and your Buddy List.